Monday, February 27, 2012


#54

Rubber band ball.... 

Because I go to the Post Office 4-5 days a week, I get a TON of rubber bands from picking up the mail..  We have a little wicker basket that we put them in after opening up the mail, but it's always full and overflowing with these tan colored strips of endless rubber.  As you can tell I'm now into making them into balls, and for many reasons. 1) to play with and it keeps the area tidy  2) I'm prepared to assist my co-workers that travel from Manila, Philippines when it comes time to pack up their clothes to go home.  Okay, so maybe that is far fetched, one notch.  It is true that one of the guys that I work with in the Philippines asked me for a few rubber bands.  I handed him one of my handy-dandy balls and he told me what would become of my ball.  When he travels he uses rubber bands to roll up his clothes nice and tight and then puts a rubber band around them to give him extra spacing in his suitcase.  Who would have thought.... I keep a couple little ones in my drawers and trust me.... the next time Paul and I travel anywhere... I've got one for each of us!! 

1 comment:

  1. Okay that's pretty cool! In my house its always 'where the heck is a rubber band???' We never have them around... next time I need one I know who to ask!! ;)

    ReplyDelete