Monday, February 27, 2012


#58

Rocks...

I love rocks... Interesting fact: When I was a little girl and we moved from California to Utah, we lived with my Grandparents until an apartment across the street from them opened up.  We pretty much knew all of the neighbors because my brother Reid and I would spend summers up in Utah while my mom worked two (2) jobs.   Two doors down from my Grandparents were the Keates -- very sweet people and very interesting. The husband was totally into rocks and even had a shed in the furthest back part of their backyard/driveway where he at all kinds of machines to cut, wash, rinse and polish them.  AMAZING!!  I remember as a kid picking rocks out after the process and holding onto them like they were going to be worth some money.  That was when I learned about pettified wood... Rocks will always remind me of my childhood.

Fast forward to today, Monday February 27, 2012.

I scheduled an appointment with our "TAXMAN" to have him do our taxes.. (lol)...  As Paul and I were sitting there talking to Christopher my phone went off... (how embarassing) and I leaned over to turn it off.  In doing so I pulled out my camera.  He looked at me kind of odd and asked "why are you carrying around your camera?".  I explained to him that I was doing this photo challenge and how it worked and that I just  took a picture of the rocks on the side of their home... He said, "Okay... "  I had to come up with a good one now and told him ~ "The reason that I took pictures of the rocks it to inform you that if we do NOT get a REFUND, I'm going to have to "stone" you.  I'm so glad that I can kid around with Christopher and that he dishes it right back to me... I really could never be mean.. I'm much to sweet!



1 comment:

  1. Haha!! Great story. Love old memories! Oh and I hope you don't have to 'stone' your taxman afterall!!!

    ReplyDelete