Thursday, January 12, 2012



#12

Happy Birthday Mom, my Angel...

Today is a very special blog for me, as today is my beautiful Mother's birthday. Today she would have turned 75 years young.  (If she was still here on earth and I posted her age, she would have kicked me in the behind....) 

My tribute... 

My mother was an amazing Mother on so many levels.  Being a single parent and raising two children wasn't always the easiest thing for her, especially having a daughter (me..lol) that was OUT OF CONTROL!!!  While it was just me, I'm sure that I was her precious little girl, but when my brother Reid came along... that was it... To think that I was going to have to share my Mom.... unheard of!  My Mom would tell me stories of how I would do everything in my power to pick on my brother, and it was anywhere from trying to smother him with a pillow to putting him in the dryer.... Yes, you read that correct - the dryer!!  Poor Reid... (sorry Reid, I'm sure glad that you and I have a close relationship as siblings cause I'd be lost without you)  

Honestly, looking back I really did give my Mom a run for her money!! )(sorry Mom)  I'm sure there were days when she wanted to turn me in for a refund, but I'm glad that wasn't an option.  Now remember,  I was young... 

As I got older my Mom and I had a remarkable friendship that grew to be very strong and solid.  My Mother was not only a teacher in profession, but in life. My Mother taught my brother and I to work hard and never be selfish, help those around us in need. "Pay it forward".  This is a lesson that still to this day my brother and I practice... We're both hard workers, reliable to our jobs and we have hearts the size of Texas. 
Helping people around us comes natural.

Through the years as I watched my Mother struggle with things in her life, she always seem to make it seem "not so bad" - and I'd ask myself, why?  I would soon understand, my Mom always tried to protect me from any of her pain.  I think she would forget that we were close and that I would not only see the pain, sometimes I would feel it... 

The last 3 months of her life were very hard for me.... As I would sit with her at the Rehab/Home everyday, we'd talk, play yahtzee, go for walks (well I'd push her in a wheelchair), and then talk again...  During this time we really had alot of quality time together, at which I'm so THANKFUL that I had the chance to be by her side as often as I could. One of our talks was very hard/special for me, and that is when I had the chance to tell my Mom how THANKFUL I was for her being my Mom... how much I loved and respected her for all that she gave to my brother and I, her unconditional love during our teenage years and for never giving up on us!!!  For this she is and will always be my amazing Mother..   I love you Mom, and I know that you're watching over all of us everyday..... 

So in honor of my beautiful and amazing Mom, I send her birthday greetings to "heaven"....  RIP Mom!!


One last thing... My friend Jesse Valdez went to this Chinese restaurant to pick up lunch. He asked me if  I wanted anything and told him ... no...  Well I then piped up and said something about a egg roll and Jesse told me that he would give me one of his.  He grabbed me a fortune cookie and this is what it said...

This fortune couldn't have come at a better time, or better timing.  Spot on...When I read this the tears just started to fall... Love you Mom!!!

2 comments: