Saturday, January 7, 2012


#6

Collin Raye, an amazing entertainer....

Wow, what an amazing evening out, totally unexpected nor planned.  They say some of the funniest plans are those that are done at the last minute/spur of the moment.... SO TRUE!!  Thanks to a good friend Jen, she had a couple of tickets to the event and was not going to be able to attend and sent me a text at around 7:30 and asked if Paul and I would be interested in going to the concert that started at 8:00 -- (mind you, we had just warmed up our dinner, looked at the clock and picked up our plates and "shovelled" the food into our mouths and were out the door by 7:46.  The concert that we attended this evening was for LaVar Christense who is running for an office here in Salt Lake City. The concert was held at the Jordan High School auditorium and was as usual, fabulous!!  


Collin Raye is a very patriotic individual, so I wanted to capture him with the flag.... 


This is what we attended!!



And honestly -- what a way to end not only the concert, but my evening.  We had the chance to actually meet with Collin Raye after the concert and what a sweetheart.  We told him how he have been following him since he started singing, have been to all concerts that he has put on in Utah and mentioned to him that we've sang Happy Birthday to him with several crowds when he shows up for any August events ~ he was genuinely "thankful" for being true fans.  Now for the exciting part ~ not only did we get to meet him, shake his hand, get his signature and a hug.... As we were leaving he looked at me and said "Are you sure you and I haven't met before?" -- I said, I'm sure that you've seen me before but we've never had the chance to talk face-to-face.  He said, well this will not be the last time Lynda.... leaned over hugged me and gave me a kiss, on the lips (okay, technically -- one half of my lips)... I think we were both kind of shocked, smiled and then he said... We'll talk again soon!!!  See you both at my next show!!  I'm so glad that we went, amazing!

We didn't get home in time for me to post this with Friday ~ January 6, 2012 date... AND I had to include the four pictures that I did... to complete the story.....



2 comments:

  1. DANG cuz! That's awesome! Great shot of you and Paul with Collin. And...make sure you tell Collin you're married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ~ Lyndee, Paul was right there next to me.. LOL!! Collin is an amazing artist with alot of talent and such a nice guy. I'm glad that we were given the chance to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete