Saturday, January 7, 2012


#7

Green and delicious...

About a week ago I decided that I needed to get rid of my mother's books that I've been storing for the past 8 years.  They're not directly in the way, but I've decided that since I'm never going to read them --- that I would try and sell them and whatever money was made would be turned into to JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) in August when my walking team "LynDiva's Posse" does the walk. Our goal is to raise it every year in donations.

In sharing this idea with Kathy, she came up with the idea to maybe sell her pepper jelly and apple butter with the same cause in mind.  So both of us mentioned this to a few people and discovered that this would really work and would benefit not only the people that would get something in return, but a great cause.

We spent Saturday morning making our first batch!!  I posted that we were selling them on facebook and at 3:44 pm we had our first texted order!!  (Thanks Trish)   Wow, what great people I know to want to help us in achieving our goal.

If you're interested in helping as well, please feel free to email lyndivasposse@yahoo.com to place an order or if you should have any questions.  We are selling the pepper jelly and apple butter for $5.00 each and come in an 8 oz jar.  If you love the product and return the jars, you'll get a 50 cent discount on any refills.

This is for an excellent cause and again, all proceeds will be turned in to JDRF in August upon completion of the walk.  


No comments:

Post a Comment